Saturday, February 7, 2009

Season's First Ride



First outdoor ride of the new year, and even though it was a bit on the chilly side, it was great to be back in the saddle! I needed to have a few more layers on and that was evident within the first 5 minutes I was out on the road. Though having to tough it out, it was a great beginning ride and I had a great time alone conversing with the Lord. We had a nice "chat" about some personal concerns that have been weighing heavy on my mind. The ride and the prayer time proved to be a big stress relief for some reason. It's just like I remembered the last time I rode outside. What a great time it was and it's proved to be an essential growth tool for me. It keeps me centered, grounded, and spiritually focused. Something I've needed to be for years.

This weekend is supposed to be a nice one weather-wise and I'm hoping to be able to get some more quality training in tomorrow (Sunday) after church of course.

No comments: