Saturday, February 21, 2009

Run-Drill-Walk Day



It's been almost a full week since I've actually been able to get in some training. Due to the cold weather, my work schedule, and mostly my car being serviced, I haven't gotten in a run since Sunday of last week. Today, I ran for 55 minutes and at the end I could certainly tell that I've had a long lay off. However, it felt good to be out there and to have something to be working toward. That being me having a new coach! Thanks to my good childhood friend Karen Berry and her new found love for the sport of endurance athletics, she afforded me the opportunity to be able to work with my new certified triathlon coach - Triswami (check out his website).He's a wonderfully funny and knowledgeable man and coach in the three disciplines. I'm very much looking forward to learning, being pushed, and getting better at this new affinity. It should be good and very informative.

As for today's run, it wasn't my best by a long shot. Be that as it may, I did some beginning and ending drills that were given to me by my coach and some run/walking in between. All total, it amounted to right at 55 minutes and it felt good to get back out there after the layoff. Tomorrow is another day and weather permitting, I'll be out on the road again.

I needed this run to clear the stress-filled cobwebs out of my head. This weekend is my twins' 16th birthday and for me, it's been bitter sweet for many reasons. There's been much to think about, contemplate, pray about, and hope for. Happy sweet 16 Shelby and Taylor! You are the life blood that keeps me going and I can't express how much I dearly love you! May God continue to watch over you and keep you safe.

No comments: