Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Windy Wednesday



When I say windy on a run today - I mean windy! It was crazy out there as I tried to quickly get in a run before the storms rolled in. The wind was so rough that a few times it was hitting me dead in the face and almost completely standing me up on the run. I had to forcably lean forward to keep my momentum going in the right direction. I don't ever remember running in wind this severe. It was a beast!

However, I had a wonderful one-on-one time with the Lord and my thoughts today on a run. He seemed to impress on my heart that no matter what I do in life, He is a gracious forgiving and merciful God. I feel that He has given me the strength to continue to make it through a dark period in my life and because of that, I feel He's given me a new lease on life. He spoke to me through a song this morning by an artist named Howard Hewitt. The name of the song is, "Say Amen" and the chorus says;

"I wanna thank you God for giving me one more chance, to raise my voice and to sing your praise. I'll sing it out loud. I'll sing it all day. This song is my prayer I give to only you. I know this can't compare to the gifts from you."

For some reason, that really spoke to me and impacted me in a major way. I think it was the Lord's way of speaking to me and saying, "I'm going to give you another chance. This time, use it to further MY kingdom rather than your own." And that's exactly what I intend to do.

As for my run - I went just below 25 minutes and was trying to beat the impending storms that are currently rolling in. I'm glad I made it and glad I got a run in for the day. . . even though it was short.


No comments: