Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Drama


Okay yes, this is a video-less post. Reason being is because I just haven't felt like filming anything today. You see, today started early by getting the twins from their mother's house and taking them to church to see their cousin Elizabeth (Mini) be baptized. This was quite a joyous occasion by every account. After church, I took the girls to a nice restaurant for a birthday lunch in which we had a lovely time talking, eating, and I gave them their birthday gift. We had a great time over lunch. Once lunch was over, we headed home to just spend some quality time together and watch a movie. That's when the drama started. Let's just say that fathering high school girls garners high school drama. We had a dramatic afternoon that pretty much derailed the nice afternoon that I had planned. However, I guess that goes with the territory of having teenagers. These events caused me to need to take a run, so I did! I ran a total of just under 25 minutes. I would've run longer but, quite honestly, it was extremely cold and a bit miserable outside but I was willing to endure the elements over the attitudes and heat that was going on inside. I felt much better afterward.

This run was also a first in running in a new pair of Lunaracer running flats. These sneakers are supposed to be the lightest running shoes ever made. I certainly believe it! They're amazingly light and extremely comfortable. However, the jury is still out on whether I like them better than the beloved Vomero 3's that I've been wearing for the past 2 years. I'll update on that after a few more intermediate and long runs. I'm hoping that they'll aid in my continued improvement on my gait. We'll see.

No comments: