Thursday, May 22, 2008

School's Out


These are my Nike Air Pegasus running shoes and, I must say, I like how comfortable they are on my runs. Now if I could just enjoy the process.

It's the last day of school for the kids so that makes for unusual and messed up schedules. With this in mind and other things on my plate for today, I knew I had to get my workout in early this morning. Today's schedule called for 35 minutes of running and weight training. Consequently, I set out on my dreaded 35 minutes to get it over with. I struggle so much with distance running. I feel like I'm actually getting worse! I don't know if it's mental or it's actually physiological. Either way, I don't enjoy running for long periods. Give me swimming or biking any day!

Troy also knocked out his running early this morning due to schedule conflicts today. He reported to me that he's stepping up his game and really starting to see positive forward progress in the amount of time and distance he's running at one time without stopping. I realize his margin for improvement is much greater than mine but I'm envious of the fact that he's enjoying the run portion and seeing results. He's still on the heavy side but it's coming down due to his commitment to change for health purposes. I'm proud of him and want to continue to have a goal set for the two of us to work toward. That seems to be one of our main motivators. 

Tomorrow is a rest day and I'm so excited that I don't have to do anything and allow my body to rest!

No comments: