Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Can't Save It For A Rainy Day!


I woke up this morning at 5:30 to pick up my daughter for her early morning swim practice at 6:30 am. Our workout today called for a 50 minute ride and strength training. After waking up and looking outside, I realized that our scheduled 7:00 am ride was not going to happen due to rain. I was bummed. That meant that me and Troy had to adjust our daily schedule in order to somehow fit everything in. We then re-grouped and decided on a 5:00 ride out to Leiper's Fork. The weather was pleasant and I was looking forward to it, as was Troy. We set out and get to the Henpeck Market one mile from my house and Troy front crank comes loose from his bike. It just doesn't seem like it's meant for us to ride today. At any rate, I ride back to my house to get my car and we take Troy's bike to the shop to quickly get it fixed. It gets fixed and we don't have enough time to ride out to Leiper's so we took our regular Franklin route. Not the same as the one we'd hoped for, but better than nothing.

We both still haven't gotten to hit the weights in the gym so we're having to settle for push ups at home. Tomorrow is swimming and running. Should be interesting to see how we do.

No comments: