Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bike/Swim Day


It's Sunday and today's scheduled training was biking for 30 minutes and to swim for 30 minutes. Troy had a very packed schedule today due to this being his celebration day of his 10th anniversary. That meant that we needed to wake up early and get our ride in before church. 

I met Troy at his house at 7:00 am to head out on our required ride. We both found that we didn't have as much as we usually do due to having ridden less than 12 hours earlier. Nevertheless, it was still a nice and relatively intense ride. The weather was a bit cool but made for a nice ride once we had warmed up. We ended up averaging around 16.5 mph.

After church, I came home and got some lunch and took about an hour nap due to being uncharacteristically tired. After waking up, I got my swim gear together and got to the pool around 3:00. I swam for 30 minutes and ended up swimming about 1500 yards. In doing this upcoming triathlon, I KNOW I'm ready for the swim portion. I feel the swim discipline is one of my strengths - especially since I'll only have to swim 440 yards in the event. Hopefully, I should be able to do it in about 10-12 minutes. I can swim it in less time in a pool not having to account for swimming in the open water.

Troy, on the other hand, was not able to swim because of him being on his anniversary celebration with his wife. They went to downtown Nashville and stayed the night at the Union Station Hotel, so Troy took full advantage of the workout facilities the hotel had to offer. He ran a mile on the treadmill and did some workouts with weights. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that since I didn't figure he'd be able to get anything additional in for the day. I can tell that he's really into what we're doing because it truly seems to bother him if he gets diverted from his workout routine. I can see he's gotten used to the lifestyle and he's really seeming to enjoy it.

Now we've got to choose another goal to shoot for once the Top Gun Triathlon is over. The ball has to keep its momentum and stay in motion.

No comments: