Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Working Out With Taylor



Today was enjoyable in that I was able to go on a nice easy run with my daughter Taylor. She's on the high school track team, so she's already familiar with running and is in pretty good running shape. We had a nice time running and talking together and best of all, I was more impressed with her running ability than previous. I new she was pretty good, but I didn't really know how good. Well, I can certainly tell that she genuinely loves running and the feeling it gives you.

We ran for about 40 minutes and later that afternoon she even went to her high school track practice and ran some more. After her practice, I picked her up and took her with me to the swim complex where I had tri swim practice. There, she decided to run some more! I was a bit taken aback to say the least. If she stays on a path like this, she'll be the world's most fit teenager! I've been proud of how she's taken to eating more healthy and trying to get in some daily exercise.

As for me, I went ahead and did the full swim practice with foot cramps and all! It's an area of frustration for me. I'm sure it has something to do with hydration or nutrition or something. Anyway, I press on.

Today I felt truly blessed to have gotten to spend some valuable time with my little girl and continue to teach her something that will stay with her for the rest of her life. Health is one of the true gifts that God bestows upon us to be good stewards of.

Good luck to all who are running in the Country Music Marathon this weekend. Hopefully, I'll be able to join you next year.

2 comments:

Hope said...

How wonderful you must feel to have such beautiful daughters and to even have them follow in your footsteps when it comes to fitness. You are very lucky. God has truly blessed you in all aspects of your life. You have become so much more than what I expected you would. I thank God that I ran across your blog and your twitter. It has helped me in my walk with God and my pursuit to get closer to God and what he wants me to do with my life.

Thank you.

TC said...

Hope, after a few years of many hardships and struggle due to some of my own actions, I can say I am very blessed and continue to be. The Lord continues to heal and restore me and I am blessed to have the wonderful and understanding girls that I have. They understand that their daddy is a flawed man but loves them more than life itself. We have a special bond that is truly God-given.

Thank you for following along. I mainly do this whole thing as therapy for myself and a way to keep myself somewhat leveled out. I trust things are well with you and you're holding down the F-L-A. Thank you for your comments and prayers.

Todd C.