Sunday, April 19, 2009

Plans That Change


It's Sunday afternoon as I write this and I'm laid up on my couch on a rainy day watching NBA playoff basketball. This however, is not by choice. I woke up this morning and went to my church's early service then came home with the intent to get ready to go to swim practice. It didn't work out that way. You see, my body has really been trying to contract a nice head cold and I've been really trying to stave it off. Today was the day that my will succumbed to my body and I got fully sick. It's depressing because I haven't been sick in a few years now and I really wanted to get some swimming in this afternoon but I just don't feel up to it.

I also had intended to take all 3 of my girls downtown to the kick off of GMA week and go to the PB and J party where there would be tons of bands playing. However, that didn't happen either and I'm bummed about that as well.

This is not a good time to be getting sick as I've got tons to do this week that is very work related. I've got to shake this cold, get rid of this congestion, get back to training, and continue working. There's no time for sickness!

1 comment:

Hope said...

Todd. First Thank you for the Blessing you have given me. Watching and reading the blog was a blessing.

WOW I guess I am one of 3 or 4 people that read your blog??? LOL... I am sure you have more than just 3 people that read your blog.

I hope you remember me or at least you will want to remember those high school days. My name is Hope Dangerfield Bolton.

I just wanted to say hi and also to let you know how inspiring you and Troy are. I just started reading your blog from the beginning and your journey has been wonderful. It is wonderful how close you can get to God when you don't really realize it. I also can tell that Troy is getting fit. The change is great. I have decided since reading and watching this blog that I need to look at my physical and spiritual being.

I hope that you will keep in touch. I will be watching the blog and the progress.

God bless