Thursday, April 9, 2009

Swim Practice & A Busted Wheel!

Last night was my usual swim practice that, for this particular session, wasn't too hard for me. That's because Coach Ashley had all of us doing sprints and that's the particular area of swimming I seem to excel in. That's not much help when you're training for triathlons and supposedly doing long distance stuff. At any rate, I battled through some cramping in my feet and calves but managed to make it the whole practice without just dying as I normally do. I felt good. The practice consisted of:

20 Minute Warm Up
6 x 75- breathing pattern 3-5-7 by 25's 1:30
8 x 50--Slow/medium pace :50, 1:00,
8 x 50--Medium/fast :50, 1:00,
8 x 100--Freestyle (descend in sets of 2) 1:30, 1:45, 2:00,
8 x 100--75 build, rest 10 seconds, then 25 sprint 1:45, 2:00, 2:15,
8 x 50--25 medium, rest 10 seconds, 25 sprint (1:10 interval) 1:00, 1:10
Total Group 1- 3250 yards + Warm Up / Warm Down


Today after working on film and video stuff for the office, I decided to take a nice run in the great weather. I wanted to take advantage of it because, knowing my luck, it won't be very good tomorrow since we have the day off. Tomorrow would be a perfect day for training all day, but I believe we're expecting bad weather during the day. Go figure!

The run was nice and relaxing and I am starting to learn to keep it at a comfortable zone 2 pace. It's a slow learning process that I wish I could be faster at learning, but I'm getting there thanks to Triswami. And speaking of the "Coach," he's unfortunately suffering through a broken toe that he acquired during a training session (you can read about it here). I guess that means that I have some lag time to be able to catch up to his fitness and running level. I think I'm gonna go for it! :-)

Lastly, my devotion for today hit me pretty hard. It was, "Consider it not hard labor, but serve strangers and smile. Accommodate your neighbor, journey with him that extra mile."
Matthew 5:41

No comments: