Friday, April 10, 2009

Tornado Run Day



Today was crazy! Last night at 4:00 am I woke up to some serious storms. In fact, I thought my front windows were going to break. From there, the weather didn't let up until about 3:00 in the afternoon. In the middle of all of that, were multiple tornado warnings, hail, and tons of wind and rain. That's not real conducive to running or riding outside which seemed to put a damper on my original plans. Therefore, I had to come up with different options. I ended up cleaning up the house, preparing me some meals for the days ahead and simultaneously watching the Masters and storm coverage. Exciting day for sure.

After the rains had subsided, I decided to go with my "plan B" - a nice easy run after yesterday's. I would've rather gotten in about a 45-50 mile ride but that obviously wasn't going to happen. So I journeyed out on an easy run. It ended up being a nice one with no cramping or serious soreness afterward. I guess this is telling me that my form is coming around nicely and I'm running more efficiently for longer distances. That encourages me.

I'm slowly learning a lot about myself, about my body, and about my life. Things I'd wished I had learned many years ago. It's quite humbling and thanks to the discipline of triathlon, I continue to be greatly humbled.

1 comment:

swilek said...

A verse came to my mind as I was listening to your video blog... "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand...." (Isaiah 41:10) Keep pressing on! Glad ya'll were safe in the tornados. Happy Easter.