Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Saturday Before Easter



Okay I'll admit, I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. I'm having one of those weekends that I'm feeling depressed and quite stressed. The details aren't exactly that important but it's something that's somewhat of a life hurdle in a few ways. Yes, I know the Lord has a greater plan in all of this and I DO trust and have faith that He will make a way. I know that! However, in my infinite humanity, it's still something of a struggle today - and that's what I have to get through. Today, and today only. So because of my struggle for today and yesterday, and because I had a lot of alone time, I decided to do what I know levels me out the most - train. I decided to go to the pool and get in a short 45 minute but intense swim workout. It was good and I needed it. I ended up going about 2200 yards and felt invigorated afterward. The workout consisted of:

200 yd. light warm up
500 yd. swim @ 10:30
500 yd. kick/drill/swim with fins
500 yd. pull with pull bouy
6 - 50's on 1:00
200 yd. easy warm down


The Lord is a gracious and merciful God. In Him I choose to put my trust. He is risen and He is Lord! Happy Easter.

No comments: