Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Doing Things His Way


Isaiah 55:9 states, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."

This was my morning devotion and it really hit me hard! It talked about every person having a dream. Something that they're believing for and like I mention yesterday, many times those things don't pan out just how you envision them. I know for me, I've spent many sleepless nights trying to figure out what to do next, where I can go, what's on the horizon, how I can re-invent myself. That's putting God in a box by me limiting what He can do for me and through me if I just put my faith in Him. That's an easy thing to say and a really tough thing to put into practice when you're thrust into "survival mode." I guess that's where the Lord wants me to be. Completely and totally dependent on Him for survival. Well, guess what - I'm there!

However, throughout my three year process of being separated and divorced, I've continuously prayed for wisdom and peace. My parents used to tell me, "Be careful what you pray for. You just may get it." As far as the wisdom part, I'm not real sure I'm on that train. But I HAVE been given a certain peace throughout this whole process - especially in the events of the last two months. God has been seriously stirring in the depths of my soul. I have this feeling deep down that He has something out there that's just around the corner. Something that is significant to my skill sets and something in which I can be a contributor and giver rather than the taker that I had been for so many years. As I've stated, I don't know what that is but I have a peace about it. I'm in HIS care and I know it. I have a long way to go but the Lord is guiding me there this time. I'm not blindly driving on my own like I once was. Never again! This time I will - "Preach the gospel at all times and when necessary use words."

Now off to meetings and training! I hate this cold weather! Please hurry back Spring!

1 comment:

swilek said...

Glad to see you are back blogging again! Glad to hear you are finding your way again! May the God of all peace, comfort and love surround you today! GOd Bless! Karyne